HELP! More problems with OAC based control

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Sep 21, 2006 at 12:54 PM
originally posted by: johnkattenhorn

Hi,

Earlier today i finally got a OAC based user control to appear in the toolbox and therefore could add it to a form (Brillant!!). Then my problems started ...

I wanted to add more functionality to the control as it was very simple in order to test the process.

I open the control added some more controls to it textboxs and labels and then rebuilt...compile would fail everytime with cannot copy xxxx.asmmeta.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\DesignerMetadata.

Fair enough i thought so slowly began to remove the control from the project in order to get a good build of the usercontrol. After some hours i've now got a project with no user control in it anymore which still will not build.

Does anymore have any guidance around what the correct procedures should be followed in the area of user controls. I can't believe that this is so difficult especially since i do this all the time in the Winforms environment.

Thanks

John
Sep 21, 2006 at 2:56 PM
originally posted by: dcazzulino

When you add a user control to the toolbox, its designer metadata file is locked.
So, you cannot recompile the user control library project if you're using the toolbox with it inside for another project in the same solution. You must work with your control library project in a separate solution, always.

This is very annoying of VS CF integration, yes... :(
Sep 21, 2006 at 11:24 PM
originally posted by: johnkattenhorn

Hi,

OK, i'll try that.

Thanks for all of your advice.

John