Could not add OrientationAwareControl to form.

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Aug 2, 2006 at 1:41 AM
originally posted by: Wysek

Hello.When I try to add custom OrientationAwareControl to form following error appears:
Failed to create component 'UserControl2'...
'System.MissingMethod.Exception: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.UI.OrientationAwareControl.RegisterResolutionAware(System.Type,System.ComponentModel.IComponent,System.String)'
I tried rebuild Orientation Aware, checked if this method really dissapeared in OrientationAwareControl class, but everything is fine. I got references in my project to Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.UI.OrientationAware.dll, and of course using it. Designing control works fine, so there is a problem only when I put it onto form/panel. Best regards. Maciej Wysocki
Aug 2, 2006 at 3:03 AM
originally posted by: dcazzulino

Looks like you have an old version of the OAC hanging around... we changed the signature of the RegisterREsolutionAware method in RTM (used to receive an object instead of an IComponent). Find all instances of the assembly on disk and delete them, before recompiling the project.
Aug 2, 2006 at 3:56 AM
originally posted by: Wysek

Thanks. I removed all instances then reinstall/recompile. Now everything is working fine.