How can I create winamp style UI by CAB

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Apr 19, 2006 at 10:43 PM
originally posted by: wuxin1218

In the main form of winamp, when you click 'music' button ,there pop up a music setting form under main form, I am wonder how can I do that by CAB?
Apr 20, 2006 at 9:02 PM
originally posted by: JohnAskew

It's my understanding that skinnable applications are easy targets for viruses and most network administrators will not allow them to be installed. With this in mind, I would assume that it is not a recommended practice for security reasons.

That should not deter your efforts, but may explain why you are going to get few replies.
Apr 20, 2006 at 9:57 PM

it's not what i mean;In CAB, there always define form layout using workspace in Main form, and sub modules show their smartpart in workspace; Now ,I want to pop up a window which is under the main form, I am wonder what i do is suitable by using CAB?
Apr 21, 2006 at 9:33 AM
originally posted by: ChrisHolmes

CAB provides a Workspace for this called the WindowWorkspace. Unlike the DeckWorkspace, ZoneworkSpace and others, this Workspace does not need to be embedded on a Form or Panel. You can create a WindowWorkspace dynamically in code and embed SmartParts on it, then show it like a Dialog.

I think that's what you're asking for, no?
Apr 21, 2006 at 7:56 PM

Hi Chris, thanks for your response, which is what I want to ask for!