Nested Form Handling

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Oct 25, 2005 at 10:56 AM
originally posted by: dpiessens

Hello All,

I'm currently working on an application that has a rather unique concern. The client requested an MDI application, that has nested workitems i.e.

Client
- Issue
|
- Notes

Each Item has its own window, and 1 to N number of grids that when you select an item then open their own MDI window. so if you open client A, then Issue 123 and Notes Line 1, you would have three windows open. So far I have two main issues:

1. I need to configure an event handler that updates the parent item when you modify a related child so you create a new issue and it shows up in the parent grid. I know it's possible from the events demo, but I'm unsure how based on how nested workitems would work.

2. Also (kind of related), I need to know what all the nested open forms are so I can close the realted children if I close the parent. So, this means (from above) if I close Client A, Issue 123 and Notes Line 1 should also close.

Can anyone give me some tips on this?

Thanks,

Dan
Oct 25, 2005 at 10:56 AM
originally posted by: dpiessens

One other thing, I'm currently use an Infragistics MDI handler since it gives me tabs of each window on top (VS 2003 and 2005 behavior). Which would be the best container to emulate this behavior?