CAB and UI App Block

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 18, 2006 at 12:55 AM
originally posted by: GarethJ25

Can some one explain to me how CAB fits in with UIAB (User Interface Application Block), does it replace it, will it intergrate it?

I am looking into UIAB as a means to rationalise our back office tools, UIAB seems to be offering at the right level for me, giving an architectural system to extend and use.

Does CAB complement this and does it also offer an architectural level system, i.e. will it still allow me to seperate my apps using MVC and extend the various parts of the system as I see fit

(sorry for being a bit vague)
Jan 18, 2006 at 7:11 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

CAB is a .NET 2.0 asset, and the UIP block is a .NET 1.1 asset. We have an updated version of UIP as something we'd like to do soon.
Jan 18, 2006 at 8:16 AM
originally posted by: GarethJ25

How will the updated version of the UIP affect any applications that have been developed with UIP, will the integration of CAB and UIP affect legacy apps written with UIP?
Jan 18, 2006 at 9:13 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

We haven't started the project, so we don't have any answers to these kinds of questions yet. Sorry. :(
Jan 24, 2006 at 9:44 AM
originally posted by: g8tor75

Hmm, my question is similar to the original poster's.

Is CAB for 2.0 whereas UIPAB is for 1.1? Is CAB a replacement for UIPAB or a superset/subset of UIPAB?
If there are fundamental differences, can you highlight some of them?