Infragistics NetAdvantage CAB Extensibility Kit

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Feb 14, 2006 at 6:56 PM
originally posted by: AlexFed

Today Infragistics released NetAdvantage 2006 vol 1. Here is an excerpt from the Help file:

As part of the NetAdvantage 2006 Volume 1 release, we are offering the NetAdvantage CAB Extensibility Kit™. This product is an add-on to the NetAdvantage Windows Forms (CLR 2.0) product, extending the NetAdvantage Windows Forms product to provide seamless interoperation with the CAB framework. This add-on gives development teams the power to develop sophisticated smart client applications using the controls and components in the NetAdvantage Windows Forms toolset. The kit also allows development teams to provide rich, fine-grained appearances and behaviors to enterprise-class applications using predefined looks and feels, presets, and appearance settings.

The NetAdvantage CAB Extensibility Kit installs a NetAdvantage CompositeUI source-code solution and a quick start solution (ported from Microsoft) that utilizes NetAdvantage controls/components -- the key items to get your CAB application seamlessly integrated with the NetAdvantage Windows Forms (CLR 2.0) product.

Those who are interested, go and get it!
Feb 16, 2006 at 8:47 AM

My company is a registered user of Infragistics NetAdvantage, and being the one, we have received a URL to download and install their component suite (which I did, of course). I was in contact with them since August 2005 regarding the CAB support - and they did keep the promise! I was very excited, and decided to post at the forum without realizing that there was no available download on their website yet. Obviously, developers who want to download the trial version will have to wait till it becomes available (usually, it takes a few days).
Feb 17, 2006 at 4:08 PM
originally posted by: mhildner

I'm glad you made the original post. I've got Infragistics too, and although I got the email about 6.1, I didn't notice their CAB support right away. Been modifying my app to put in the Infragistics CAB stuff, and I'm real happy :)

Looks like Infragistics is giving CAB really good support, I guess you've seen today's email. Nice.

Mike
Feb 18, 2006 at 5:59 AM

Hi Mike,
What email are you talking about?

Alex
Feb 18, 2006 at 7:42 AM
originally posted by: mhildner

Oh, sorry. There was an email yesterday from Infragistics announcing the new release. One of the major highlights is CAB support.

I just think it's really cool that Infragistics has embraced CAB, with source of course.

Mike
Feb 18, 2006 at 8:22 AM

Yes, we've been really happy with them for the last 3 years, they are doing an excellent job.
Feb 22, 2006 at 6:24 PM

For those who are interested: Here is another couple of links to the Infragistics website related to CAB:

http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/andrew_flick/archive/2006/02/21/112.aspx

and

http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/andrew_flick/archive/2006/02/21/113.aspx