Solution Structure

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jun 16, 2006 at 1:13 AM
originally posted by: MarcoPaul

Just out of curiosity, how do you all have your project(s) structure laid out for your cab components? Right now, I have a Common folders that contains a ton of stuff and I am getting ready to do some house keeping and split up into multiple support projects.
Thinking maybe I'll have a Common, Services, and UI projects.
Jun 24, 2006 at 11:53 AM
originally posted by: JKraft4PIT

I have struggled with this also a little bit.

I am curently having workitem folders.
Then in each folder a controller, workitee, controls and everything to do with the item since that is how it is broken up logically in the program.

Since I am using mudule loading I have module sepeartion so the parts aren't getting to overwhelmed.

It is working out good so far.
Jun 27, 2006 at 12:22 PM
originally posted by: ChrisHolmes

I have separate .dll's for the following pieces of our application:

Shell
Services
Library (like a Common, contains classes, EventArgs, WorkSpaceNames and other things that must be shared)
CompositeUIExtensions.Winforms (extensions to CAB)
Controls
Resources
Security
ModuleA
ModuleB
etc...

Inside a Module I break it down as thus:

WorkItems
Resources (resources only this module will use)
Classes (classes only this module will use)
Common (things like: EventTopicNames, custom EventArgs, SmartPartNames, etc. that are native to this Module only)

WorkItems get a subfolder for reach "Use Case", which may contain one or more views, presenters and interfaces.

If anything in a module like Resources, Classes, Common ends up being needed in additional modules, we extract it and build it into the Library. Otherwise, we leave it to the isolated module where it was created. We build where we need things, and then extract/abstract as necessary.
Jun 29, 2006 at 4:11 PM
originally posted by: eugeniop

Take a look at how we implemented the Reference Implementations in the SC -Software Factory.