DevExpress implementation of Workspaces

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Nov 3, 2005 at 7:43 AM
originally posted by: jgilkey

I have created several wrappers around DevExpress controls to provide workspace functionality. I have created a DeckWorkspace (based on the DevEx Panel), TabbedWorkspace (based on the DevExpress tab control) and a NavBar workspace which is basically a TabbedWorkspace based on the DevExpress NavBar control. If anyone is interested, I can post my wrapper code. I am working on the Menu, Toolbar and Status Bar controls now.
Nov 3, 2005 at 8:26 AM
originally posted by: jburkholder

I would be interested in seeing what you have done. We use DevX controls and I just got done doing an implementation of the Element Service. I would like to compare it to what you have or if you want to save yourself sometime I can share that code. I would like to see what you did with the Navbar control.
Nov 4, 2005 at 6:56 AM
originally posted by: Hithesh

+1 on being interested. Maybe post to your blog (if you have one) and post link here.

Thanks
Nov 4, 2005 at 8:02 AM
originally posted by: JayUrbanowicz

Perfect! We are looking at using DevExpress and would love to see what you have done. Maybe if you could give a quick guide on what was needed to create them.
Thanks,
Jay
Nov 5, 2005 at 10:42 AM
originally posted by: jgilkey

I will be posting the code this weekend, I am just finishing up some last minute stuff with the menu and toolbar code.
Nov 17, 2005 at 10:10 PM
originally posted by: eivaan

I would like to see how to use devexpress. How to get the code? Please
Nov 21, 2005 at 9:22 PM
originally posted by: AlecChen

expecting!
Nov 25, 2005 at 8:43 AM
originally posted by: guidmaster

Me to :)
Nov 28, 2005 at 3:23 PM
originally posted by: iivaan

Where can I download you example?
Nov 30, 2005 at 4:41 AM
originally posted by: cnathani

What was the motivation behind creating these classes with DevExpress Controls? Can you not host any DevExpress Controls in the workspaces and split panels that u get from Composite UI Block?

Thanks
Nov 30, 2005 at 1:19 PM
originally posted by: kljones16

The DevExpress look and feel components would be my main reason.
Dec 6, 2005 at 8:01 AM
originally posted by: Baldu

Well, I'm assuming this is dead (as it's been over a month), but it would be great if this were posted. I'd like to use DevExpress' NavBar with CAB as I'm going for an "Outlook-style" three paned interface with various categories in a "side bar"-type control.

Any chances you'd still be willing to post your work? It wouldn't go unappreciated.
Dec 6, 2005 at 10:43 AM
originally posted by: davisg

I'll second that, it would be great to see this code so that we could all benefit from using it, I will even give you a mention in my credits section.

Let us know when its available.