Programming technique whit CAB and DataSet

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Sep 11, 2005 at 5:37 AM
originally posted by: ovidius

Following the Hands on lab of CAB i discovered a very interesting programming technique first i don't Known (i'm a novice !): The MVC pattern. I create a Business Entities, a service and a view for my project and work fine. All right. My doubt is whene i receive data from a typed DataSet.
For you, is a typed DataSet an Entitie (it give me a UserTable class with all i need!) or is better to create an entitie class (eg. for User Table) and also a collection class for the users?
I know this in not pertinent with Cab, but i want use it with cab so if you can help me i appreciate.
Thanks.
Antonio
Sep 11, 2005 at 11:27 PM
originally posted by: primozs

Hello
This is also an interesting question for me. Maybe use datasets trough out “Data access logic components” and then fill entities classes in cab modules??
Primoz
Sep 13, 2005 at 7:09 AM
originally posted by: kljones16

A typed dataset is a business entity. I'm a big fan of typed datasets and with the improvements in .NET 2.0 they are even better. I'd say use them. Here is a good whitepaper that explains the pros and cons of the different type of business entities you can construct in .NET.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/BOAGag.asp