ToolStrip/StatusStrip UIElement Managers

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Oct 3, 2005 at 2:24 PM
originally posted by: pfilipchyk

I have a couple of questions related to the UIElement managers provided by CAB:

1. Is there a plan to add a StatusStrip UIElement manager to the CAB?

2. After spending a few minutes using ToolStrip UIElement manager, it appears to be somewhat simplistic as compared to the features provided by the .net 2.0 tool strip container. Is there (going to be) a way to add whole tool strips?
May be a better question is Will there be a ToolStripContainer UIElement manager?

Thanks.
Oct 4, 2005 at 4:11 AM
originally posted by: pfilip

I forgot to ask a similar question about MenuStrip UIElement manager:

Is there a plan to make MenuStrip manager more "intelligent" in that it would hide any top-level menu items if there's neither commands registered for them nor sub-menu-items?

For example, I'd define top-level menu items at the ApplicationShell initialization time and would allow modules, etc. to add their menu items under those top-level items, but I don't want to see them if there's currently nothing under that top-level item.

I could let modules, etc. to add top-level items along with sub-items but then, if I have two modules that use the same top-level menu item, how would any one of them know when it is safe to remove the top-level item?

In other words, Will CAB provide a MenuStrip manager as flexible (or nearly as flexible) as .net built-in menu-merging support?