Shared smartpart among modules?

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Nov 21, 2005 at 4:35 AM
originally posted by: dannyboy78

Hi everyone
I am currently working on an application using cab that has a similar structure to the Dell integrated desktop what I don't seem to be able to get my head round at the minute is I would like to have an section much like the workflow area in the Dell idd which has say a help provider in that each workitem in each module would update.
So right now I have two modules with 3 workitems in each as each workitem loads this area needs updating is there and obvious way of doing this that I clearly haven't thought about.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Dan
Jan 23, 2006 at 1:58 PM
originally posted by: SUBATBLOOMINGTON

I am also facing this problem . any help ?
Aug 29, 2006 at 4:03 AM
originally posted by: mshe

me too - did any of you guys figure out how to hand workflow between multiple modules/smartparts?
Aug 29, 2006 at 6:10 AM
originally posted by: askew

Can't this be done with the Event Broker?
Sep 1, 2006 at 6:48 AM
originally posted by: schlau

I use a shared state like State"Context" in the root work item for this purpose. Each time a WorkItem is activated or if it the user does some work which changes the contents that the shared SmartPart should display the WorkItem changes the state. The shared SmartPart's controller subscribes to the StateChange and updates the SmartPart.

BTW, State is implemented by CAB using the EventBroker.
Sep 2, 2006 at 8:24 AM
originally posted by: ChrisHolmes

"me too - did any of you guys figure out how to hand workflow between multiple modules/smartparts?"

Windows Workflow Foundation. Google it.

CAB is a great infrastructure for building an enterprise application and managing the interactions between views and data, but it is not a cure-all for complex problems like Workflow.