Unable to run BankTeller due to Configuration Exc

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jun 28, 2005 at 11:51 AM
originally posted by: francode

I have downloaded code drop 2 and when I try to run the BankTeller quickstart I get the following exception (Any suggestion on how I can fix this?):

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException was unhandled
Message="The default value for the property 'services' has different type then the one of the property itself."
Source="System.Configuration"
BareMessage="The default value for the property 'services' has different type then the one of the property itself."
Line=0
StackTrace:
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationProperty.SetDefaultValue(Object value)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationProperty.InitDefaultValueFromTypeInfo(ConfigurationPropertyAttribute attribProperty, DefaultValueAttribute attribStdDefault)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationProperty..ctor(PropertyInfo info)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.CreateConfigurationPropertyFromAttributes(PropertyInfo propertyInformation, Object instance)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.CreatePropertyBagFromType(Type type, Object instance)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.PropertiesFromType(Type type, Object instance)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.get_Properties()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.get_Item(String propertyName)

at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.CompositeUI.Configuration.SettingsSection.get_Services() in c:\assignments\cab\src\cs\compositeui\configuration\settingssection.cs:line 29

at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.CompositeUI.ApplicationHostFactory.CreateHost(SettingsSection configSection) in c:\assignments\cab\src\cs\compositeui\applicationhostfactory.cs:line 54

at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.CompositeUI.ApplicationHostFactory.CreateHost() in c:\assignments\cab\src\cs\compositeui\applicationhostfactory.cs:line 124

at BankTellerShell.Program.Main() in C:\Assignments\CAB\QuickStarts\BankTeller\BankTellerShell\Program.cs:line 29

at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()