CAB in 2005

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jul 16, 2005 at 5:00 AM
originally posted by: Vishalkarnik

Hello,
I am trying to compile and test the 2.0 version of CAB (Composite UI application block) in VS 2005 beta 2. There were a couple of change needed like in two places there was abiguity over a Category attribute which we have to set as System.ComponentModel.Category and the compilation works. However while executing the Nunit tests for CompositeUI.WinForms.Tests fails to execute. Whenever we try to execute the tests in Nunit it causes Nunit to crash. Has anyone faced such a problem and have a possible work around? Note that except the changes mentioned above we have not modofied any part of CAB
Jul 16, 2005 at 6:23 PM
originally posted by: headlam

Vishalkarnik:
You need to update NUnit to run under .NET FX 2.0. Update the nunit-gui.exe.config file like so

<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50215" /> <!-- .NET 2.0 BETA 2 -->
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.40697" /> <!-- .NET 2.0 BETA 1 -->
<supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322" /> <!-- .NET 1.1 RTM -->
<supportedRuntime version="v1.0.3705" /> <!-- .NET 1.0 RTM -->

<requiredRuntime version="v1.0.3705" />
</startup>

You can also try using TestRunner and you wount have this problem at all.
Jul 19, 2005 at 3:05 AM
originally posted by: Vishalkarnik

Yes I have this version of framework mentioned in Nunit config file. As I am able to execute some of the test cases. However only CompositeUI.WinForms.Tests crashes the NUnit console. Other test case execute & pass succesfully.
Aug 15, 2005 at 10:31 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

By the changes you were forced to make, it sounds like maybe you're using NUnit 2.2. Be aware that we wrote and tested the code against NUnit 2.1.4, so there may be some compatibility issues with NUnit 2.2.