Visual Studio 2005 TabWorkspace

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 17, 2006 at 12:42 AM
originally posted by: msb63

Is there any chance we could get the code for the TabControl used in Visual Studio 2005. I would like to create a TabWorkspace for CAB, that looks and works like the one in VS 2005 (an alternative to MDI). I'd upload it to gotdotnet so others can use it as well.
Jan 25, 2006 at 9:43 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

We are not part of the Visual Studio team, so we don't have the ability to release this source code. Sorry. :(
Jan 31, 2006 at 5:19 AM
originally posted by: IgorP1

Perhaps you know who to ask, being an insider and all that? Just try Googling for tab control, and you will see literally thousands of people re-inventing the wheel. We see a repetition of the story with tool strip container, which was conspicuos by its absence from VS 2003 and spawned a miriad of home-grown products. Now all of them are being deprecated and replaced by a standard MS control.
I think VS2005 is a giant step forward, but why does MS believe in giving developers only stripped down versions of its components? I am on your side, why do you want to push me away?
Feb 16, 2006 at 8:38 AM
originally posted by: zonebit

This might help you along towards your goal of a Visual Studio like TabWorkspace.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/DockableCabWorkspaces.asp