Error opening MdiWorkspace.cs

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jul 20, 2005 at 10:19 PM
originally posted by: plombaer

I get the following error while opening MdiWorkspace.cs in the CompositeUI-CS solution.
The same error occurs when I try to add that component to a Form or UserControl.

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.ComponentModel, Version=1.0.50630.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6c092736afff70bc' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Hide

at System.Signature._GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, IntPtr fieldHandle, IntPtr methodHandle, IntPtr declaringTypeHandle)
at System.Signature.GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandle fieldHandle, RuntimeMethodHandle methodHandle, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringTypeHandle)
at System.Signature..ctor(RuntimeMethodHandle methodHandle, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringTypeHandle)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.get_Signature()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.FetchParameters()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.GetParameters()
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetIndexParameters()
Jul 21, 2005 at 3:05 PM
originally posted by: Autocrat

Try do a rebuild all - generally these types of errors happen when you have a dependency on one assembly in another project, yet it hasnt been built yet :)
Jul 21, 2005 at 8:56 PM
originally posted by: plombaer

The problem remains after the rebuild all and after copying the CompositeUI solution on my c:\temp.
Jul 25, 2005 at 5:36 AM
originally posted by: kljones16

I am also getting this error. I've seen this happen in VS 2003 and generally it is a rebuild issue. However, in this case it is not working. I'm using VS 2005 beta2. I've had no problems with the DeckWorkspace.
Jul 26, 2005 at 3:51 AM
originally posted by: rpkvt

Saw same errors creating my own solution. You must reference all 3 cab projects from the shell and module projects. For some reason vs2005 beta 2 explorer does not show the references are broken as vs2003 does.
Jul 26, 2005 at 6:46 AM
originally posted by: Darrenarbell

I had an older version of the Component Model residing in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies here causing me to barf. I believe it came from a Guidance Automation install. I basically uninstalled that.
But in the future(near) I was hoping to work with both. Are there any ideas of how to do that. The most obvious would be to sync the assemblies used, but I doubt is that is an easy task.
Jul 26, 2005 at 10:49 AM

I installed CAB on a machine without the Guidance Automation stuff installed and all is working now.

Thanks a ton!
Jul 26, 2005 at 11:01 AM

I went back to the machine with Guidance Automation installed on it and created a strong named assembly of the ComponentModule project that came with CAB and registed it in GAC. It seemed to do the trick. I haven't tested to see if Guidance Automation still works though.
Jul 26, 2005 at 10:24 PM
originally posted by: Darrenarbell

I'll give that a shot. I have to focus on th CAB for the moment.

Cheers
Aug 5, 2005 at 7:34 AM
originally posted by: RonLJacobs

Daniel Cazzulino posted a message about this at guidanceautomation.net http://www.guidanceautomation.net/forums/20/ShowPost.aspx

Sometimes when you try to uninstall you may have trouble getting GAX to uninstall so check this one out as well
http://www.guidanceautomation.net/forums/21/ShowPost.aspx
Aug 15, 2005 at 10:42 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

In future versions of CAB, we will be renaming this library to a different name so that we don't collide with GAT.
Sep 8, 2005 at 6:22 AM
originally posted by: CesarR

I am actually trying to get CAB to run on the August CTP of the .NET Framework and after making the necessary changes in the code, I get the CAB solution to compile but, if I try to execute to create a new application using that updated CAB version, I keep getting an exception:
"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.CompositeUI, Version=1.0.50630.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))"

Am I missing something? Any ideas to resolve this issue?