Possible Bug in SCSF: Add View (with Presenter)

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Nov 2, 2006 at 6:30 AM
originally posted by: rayn

Whenever I give the infrastructure.interface project a strong assembly name (e.g. MYAPP.Infrastructure.Interface), I lose the right-click context menu for Add View (with Presenter) on my solution folders within my Module Project.

I assume this is because the recipe applies as follows:
Any C# project referencing CAB Libraries AND THE INFRASTRUCTURE.INTERFACE LIBRARY.

We can work around this for the mean time, but shouldn't this be fixed?

To reproduce, do the following:
1. Create a new SCSF solution using its respective guidance package.
2. Right-click on the Infrastructure.Module project and note that the "Add view (with Presenter)" context menu is present
3. Right-click and select properties on the Infrastructure.Interface project
4. In the "application" tab, under the "Assembly Name", change "Infrastructure.Interface" to "MyApp.Infrastructure.Interface"
5. Right click and rebuild the project
6. Try Right-click on the Infrastructure.Module project and note that the context menu is now gone.
Nov 2, 2006 at 9:46 AM
originally posted by: akol_dk

Have you looked in the SCSF forum?

Try to take a look at this thread:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/messageBoard/Thread.aspx?id=941d2228-3bb5-42fd-8004-c08595821170&mbid=62788f36-a963-4feb-8470-20f1a844ed2a&threadid=9f09cfc1-ed7d-4f1e-a4f0-4904a413ebdf

The solution provided by Mariano solved my problem.

Regards
Anders
Nov 4, 2006 at 9:50 AM
originally posted by: rayn

Thanks Anders. Although I haven't tried it yet, I'm sure that will solve the issue.

Also, is it just me, or are the message boards on this website difficult to navigate and search through?

I didn't even realize there was a SCSF board. :(