deck work space question

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Apr 14, 2006 at 11:52 AM
originally posted by: dealkk

can we have a main form that have a spliter with two deck work space?
then create a module that have a user control and in this user controlled we add a spliter with two deck work space?
is it possible and how easy to manange?
Apr 17, 2006 at 8:46 PM
originally posted by: profpylons

From the reading through the framework that I've done trying to do a similar thing I think what you're looking for is fulfilled by the Zone Workspace...

HTH
Paul
Apr 18, 2006 at 2:52 AM
originally posted by: DLorenz

You can do that, but I would make sure that you absolutely need that type of functionality before hand because it'll add a lot of layers to your application.
Apr 18, 2006 at 10:27 AM

how to do zone work space?

dlorenz, what wrong with that? slow? hard to manage?
Apr 18, 2006 at 10:46 AM
originally posted by: DLorenz

Zoneworkspace requires that you use the ZoneSmaratPartInfo when you show the view on the workspace. You have to drop panels onto the zoneworkspace and set the ZoneName property on the panel that shows up, which correlates to the zonesmartpartinfo.

As for the deckworkspace, layers will add a bit of overhead when loading, especially if you have transparency turned on. You also have to keep track of which workspace you want to run to in the workitems. If these things are fine for you, then you can create the deckworkspace on the shell and then create a deckworkspace on a View. Then you can run other views to that deckworkspace as needed.
Apr 19, 2006 at 12:32 PM

can someone provide sample code having deckworkspace within deckworkspace
Apr 19, 2006 at 12:56 PM
originally posted by: matiaswoloski

Hi,

Maybe what you want to see is how nest workspaces. I wrote an article with a sample about that scenario:
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/matiaswoloski/archive/2006/03/30/DynamicLayoutWithCAB.aspx

Thanks,
Matias