Nov Release - Do you need RTM Visual Studio

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Nov 18, 2005 at 12:45 PM
originally posted by: grsmith

I am going to wait until the Dec MSDN to install Visual Studio 2005 Developer's edition. But I though I would download and install Nov CAB so I could start studying and reading the documentation. However I get a message that "cannot install because .Net 2.0 is not installed on my machine."

I am still using the VS 2005 Beta. Is there a way to get the msi to install

thanks.
grs
Nov 18, 2005 at 1:08 PM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

The November CAB release was only tested with the RTM version of Visual Studio 2005. We know for certain that there are breaking compiler changes between Beta 2 and RTM. Others have posted on this list the ways they have gotten it to work for them, but we won't be able to help with any problems related to running CAB on Beta 2.
Nov 19, 2005 at 6:10 AM
originally posted by: grsmith

Brad,
Thanks !! By no means was I asking how to run the RTM on the beta. I just want the documentation until I install my Visual Studio MSDN when it arrives in December.

Anywhere we can get the documentation without installing (which fails) via the msi.

grs
Nov 19, 2005 at 10:39 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

There are two problems you're going to run into:

1. We use binaries during the install which require 2.0.50727.42 to generate the solution files.

2. The integrated help that we install may not work with the Beta 2 version of Visual Studio.