Click Once and CAB

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Mar 8, 2006 at 3:13 PM
originally posted by: DiscoveryDave

Has anybody successfully used Click Once with CAB?

I have a skeleton CAB application that loads up a module which displays a logon screen requesting user id and password. After a click once installation on another machine, the app runs but appears not to be loading the (login) module.

Any ideas for troubleshooting/diagnostic tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mar 8, 2006 at 4:10 PM
originally posted by: matiaswoloski

Hi,

Have you checked this?

http://www.peterprovost.org/archive/2005/11/16/9584.aspx

Matias,
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/matiaswoloski
Mar 10, 2006 at 8:27 AM
originally posted by: DiscoveryDave

Excellent, thanks I hadn't seent this. This was what I needed - I understand what's going on now and how it works, and I have a click-once app running now.

Much appreciated.
- Dave
May 14, 2006 at 2:26 PM
originally posted by: GregShaw

I had read Peter Provost's article and still couldn't get it to work. What I discovered is that under ClickOnce the ProfileCatalog.xml and app.exe are delivered to different directories on the client's PC. They are under /Documents & Settings/user/Local Settings/Apps/2.0/... but then it seems to split into data (ProfileCatalog.xml, app.ico and app.exe.config) and executables (app.exe, modules.dll and app.exe.config, again) I copied ProfileCatalog.xml from the "data" directory to the "executable" directory and it all came good.

Is there any way of controlling what ClickOnce does with these files? Can we keep ProfieCatalog.xml together with the app.exe?

- Greg.
May 15, 2006 at 6:15 PM
originally posted by: matiaswoloski

Hi Greg,

Make sure ProfileCatalog.xml have its Publish Status set to Include.

Thanks,
Matias
Jun 11, 2006 at 8:46 AM
originally posted by: Sankar74

seems to me that ClickOnce needs an augmentation to be CAB-friendly, so that it would walk the profile xml file for dependent dll files, this would clear this up quite readily.
{edit: seems gotdotnet thinks i am Sankar74, which isn't right, i am dcurry just in case..}