ModuleLoader - GPSView not showing up on MainForm

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Sep 14, 2005 at 12:26 PM
originally posted by: grsmith

I am trying to reproduce the ModuleLoader example from scratch - starting with new project etc.

Am at the point where everything compiles but when I run with F5 the program does not hit the Start() method in my GPSModuleInit.

I have stepped through the code extensively and feel that the ProfileCatalog.xml file is not being loaded properly. Have check namespaces, attributes, code etc I can not see anything that is
different from the running example program.

Just how are you suppose to put the xml file into project. Is there a trick.
Can someone help.

I really would like an example where you start from scratch - always have this problem with application blocks.

thanks looking forward to hopefully a simple mistake on my part.
Sep 15, 2005 at 3:12 AM
originally posted by: DLorenz

One problem I ran into when creating something from scratch is that when you add an XML file to a project, its defaulted to not copy to the output directory. Make sure you change that property to "Copy Always" or it won't work. If that isn't the problem, here are other things to be aware of:

In Program.cs:
Make sure the .dll name(s) inside the ProfileCatalog.xml is spelled correctly.
Make sure you add a reference to all the modules in the Shell, or else the .dll file won't be there.

In ModuleInit Class:
//Make sure the name used here references the name of the workspace on the Shell Form.
menu_WorkItem.Run(mainWorkItem.Workspaces"mainShellWorkspace");
Sep 15, 2005 at 6:20 AM
originally posted by: grsmith

DLorenz

Thanks for your reply and help. I found the solution to the problem.

In the GPSModuleInit.cs the public was missing !!!

does not work --> class GPSModuleInit : ModuleInit
works --> public class GPSModuleInit : ModuleInit

grs
Sep 16, 2005 at 10:53 PM
originally posted by: primozs

Is it prefered to do a reference to the module or just to change the compile path of the module project???

If i chage compile path it works, but not if the solution is in Team Server "source safe".

How to make relative compile path? This does not work:
..\MainShell\bin\Debug\

If you publish the project i am afraid that files get scaterd around with instalation. ProfileCatalog.xml is probably not where cab expect it to be. The same module app si not working when published and instaled??

Primoz