Issue with tabbing on Deckworkspaces

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Feb 21, 2006 at 7:43 AM
originally posted by: DLorenz

We currently have an issue when trying to tab through all of the controls when using a Deckworkspace. If you have 2 or more SmartParts running on the same Deck, you can tab to the one that is behind. Say you had a List page and then a Maintenance page. If you are on the maintenance page and you tab far enough, control will end up back on the List page. However, because that SmartPart got tab focus, it will automatically activate that List page's workitem, inactivating the maintenance page. This causes issues for the project I am working on because navigation shows up based on the active workitem. Can anyone think of some solutions off the top of their head? :)
Feb 22, 2006 at 3:06 PM
originally posted by: jburkholder

Just a thought but you maybe able to set the Enabled property of your smartpart to false when it is decactivated and set it true when the workitem is activated. I think at one time doing that suppressed tabbing.
Feb 23, 2006 at 5:04 AM
originally posted by: DLorenz

That is what I originally did. However, there are other zones outside of the main workarea which reside on the MainMenu. If we did that, then those zones would be disabled. We have buttons in these areas, so the user wouldn't be able to click on them. I suppose we could add some code to make the Main Menu an exception, but I was hoping for a simpler solution.
Feb 21, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Has anyone come up with a clean solution for this problem? I am experiencing the same issue.