Memory Consumption

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Feb 3, 2006 at 2:28 AM
originally posted by: pariampampam

Hi again

I modified the BankTeller Quickstart today to contain 10'000 customers instead of 3. Running this application shows clearly one issue: the memory consumption of the application raises dramatically during the application usage, and the handles counter does just the same. Thinking about a large scale application that should run over a longer periode, this seems a real issue to me.

Finally, after opening about 1000 customers, the view disappeared and I had to manually terminate the process.

After this, I'd really appreciate a "real" example application that shows how such issues can be handled. Is there anything like this in the pipe?

Thanks,
Marc
Feb 4, 2006 at 5:08 AM
originally posted by: DLorenz

Well, I don't think this would be a "real" implementation. You would have searching capabilities, along with paging so that the number of records selected back would be limited. You would also not leave open every customer you worked on. After dealing with a customer, you would/should close it after you are done with it.
Feb 4, 2006 at 5:57 AM
originally posted by: pariampampam

That's what I think, too; and that's also why I would like to see some sample of how you really do it. Things are shown how they would not be used, but I'd rather see how things are intendet to be done.

Finally we'd like to build stable applications - toy-apps showing bad practices do not seem very valuable to me.