VS Desginer Error

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 13, 2006 at 4:54 AM
originally posted by: cpiock

Method 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.SmartParts.ISmartPartInfo, Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI, Version=1.0.51205.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null].Add' not found.

If i would open my smartpart in the vs desginer i get this error. If i run the solution it works fine.
Any ideas?
thx
christoph

ps and the strange thing is, that sometimes it works?!?!
Jan 13, 2006 at 7:47 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

That's a strange error. It's like the designer can't find the references to CAB, but you can build and run it just fine. I'm a little puzzled what that might be.
Jan 13, 2006 at 8:27 AM

hmm do you like view my project? ...
yes i can build and yes it works
Jan 13, 2006 at 11:17 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

If you can provide a simple reproduction of the problem (i.e., not your whole project, but just the specific part that's a problem), I can take a look at it.
Jan 14, 2006 at 4:30 AM

i don't no why but now works ... ?!? if i can reproduce this problem i will send a little example to you
Jan 19, 2006 at 6:26 AM
originally posted by: VickiV

This looks like a problem I reported a while back, then found a workaround which is to exclude the form or userControl from the project that add it right back in. Then all is fine until I close and reopen the solution.

I believe the problem occurs whenever the solution is saved with the designer open for a form or user control that has a cab component on it.

I have seen the same behavior in the QuickStarts and belive it is easily reproducible there. Open the BankTeller solution, open the SideBarView designer, then close and save the solution. When you reopen the solution it tries to open the designer and is unable to find the CAB types.
Jan 20, 2006 at 5:58 PM
originally posted by: rxd9507

It has happened 4-5 times to me. A smart part loses the reference to CAB.
Recompiling and/or restarting VS fixes it.

Nothing serious but could freak few people initially.