BankTeller Visualizer exception

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Nov 18, 2005 at 8:31 AM
originally posted by: SkreetchinTires

I wanted to see the CAB visualizer in action so I uncommented the entry in the BankTeller project's app.config file. However, when I tried to run the project I received the following exception:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException was unhandled by user code
Message="The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: The type 'SampleVisualizations.WorkItemVisualization, SampleVisualizations' cannot be resolved. Please verify the spelling is correct or that the full type name is provided. (C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Composite UI App Block\\CSharp\\QuickStarts\\BankTeller\\BankShell\\bin\\Debug\\BankShell.exe.config line 9)"
Source="System.Configuration"
BareMessage="The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: The type 'SampleVisualizations.WorkItemVisualization, SampleVisualizations' cannot be resolved. Please verify the spelling is correct or that the full type name is provided."
Filename="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Composite UI App Block\\CSharp\\QuickStarts\\BankTeller\\BankShell\\bin\\Debug\\BankShell.exe.config"
Line=9
StackTrace:
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.get_Item(ConfigurationProperty prop)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.get_Item(String propertyName)
at Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Configuration.VisualizationElement.get_Type() in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Composite UI App Block\CSharp\Source\CompositeUI\Configuration\VisualizationElement.cs:line 32
at Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Configuration.VisualizationElementCollection.GetElementKey(ConfigurationElement element) in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Composite UI App Block\CSharp\Source\CompositeUI\Configuration\VisualizationElementCollection.cs:line 38
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElementCollection.GetElementKeyInternal(ConfigurationElement element)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElementCollection.BaseAdd(ConfigurationElement element, Boolean throwIfExists, Boolean ignoreLocks)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElementCollection.BaseAdd(ConfigurationElement element)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElementCollection.OnDeserializeUnrecognizedElement(String elementName, XmlReader reader)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.DeserializeElement(XmlReader reader, Boolean serializeCollectionKey)

This is my first exposure to CAB so I haven't looked too deep into it yet. I was hoping the more experienced with CAB might be able to go right to a solution.

Any Ideas?

Tnanks!
Jerry
Nov 18, 2005 at 8:40 AM
originally posted by: BradWilsonMSFT

We have not yet released any sample visualizations. We will be doing that soon.