Need Documentation for nested Smartparts

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jul 4, 2006 at 12:54 AM
originally posted by: MyKey0815

Have someonen a step-by-step (for VB.NET) instruction to combine two smartparts to one smartpart.

I have create two smartparts (AdminUsers and AdminGroups). Now I want to combine the to smartparts to the smartpart "Admin" (with TabWorkspace). But I didn´t have success.

I have try to study the Bank Teller Application and the SmartPart Quickstart, but i didn´t find out my mistake

I hope some can help me

Michael Kolowicz
Jul 5, 2006 at 7:15 PM
originally posted by: DapinderSingh

What is the exact problem which you are facing while writing the code. Do you encounter an error when you add the smartparts in property sheet or they do not load.

Can you please provide some more detail about the problem you are facing.
Jul 5, 2006 at 8:11 PM
originally posted by: MyKey0815

Thank you for your answer. I will descripe my problem:

I have create a nested Smartpart. Then I have create a ShellForm. In the ShellForm is a menu. When I press F12 then I want that open the SmartPart (UserSettings). That works. Now I change to another smartpart. I press F11 (Printersettings). Before the smartpart will shown I have write code to close all SmartParts on the DeckWorkspace (Do ... Loop). That works to.

Now my problem: When I press F12 again, then I have the error with a duplicate ID

My possible solutions ( I need help of you):
1) How is correct way to close a nested smartpart? When I count the SmartParts in the DeckWorkspace it shows 1. But the nested SmartPart have a TabWorkspace an 2 SmartParts.

2) I have forget some 'controller' code for the smartparts. I would be nice when I have another working CAB-Application to look how it works

Thank you for your time to reply me
Michael Kolowicz
Jul 5, 2006 at 11:56 PM
originally posted by: DapinderSingh

I think there is a problem in the way you remove the smart parts. Can you send me the code as how you remove the smart parts in Do - While loop. Also please mail me ur mail id so that i can send you the code directly. It will take more time posting details on message board.