tabWorkspace and adding smart parts

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 29, 2007 at 8:14 PM
Has anyone managed to add tabs(smart parts) at design time.

Say you have a form with the tabworkspace on it, and many of the tabs are to be supplied by the same assembly (mostly but not all). I'm figuring it would be good to add these known smart parts at design time (got WYSIWYG, might as well use it!!), however the smart parts don't appear in the toolbox...
I think the SCSF must change some of the rules when creating userControls(smart parts).

Anyone know how to do this or what might be stopping them appearing in the Toolbox.
(I can sort of understand why they might be switched off from the toolbox, to stop dragging controls across projects in Visual Studio, not good for a plug-in architecture I guess)
But they should be avilable within the same project!!

BTW:they work fine for the CAB QuickStart projects that aren't SCSF

Derek
Jan 30, 2007 at 4:12 AM
Hi ,

Each view in our proj corresponds to a smart part right. After building the proj, all the views can be seen in the toolbox. But anyway we will not be adding these views at the design time , because presenter will not be instantiated then...
Jan 30, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Many thanks for the response.

When using the scsf to create view and presenter they don't seem to appear in the toolbox.
or at least not in mine...is there something I'm not doing?

I think there may be occasions when the smart part is added to a (tab)workspace that is in the same plug-in, and have seen this added at design time in some of the quickstarts(but not the SCSF ones).

Derek