Where to add the WindowWorkSpace?

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 25, 2007 at 9:31 PM
My solution does not match the Bank Branch layout, I started my application quite awhile before the BankBranch project was availble.

I'm trying to use a WindowWorkSpace but am not sure where to add it to the shell. I don't have UI, Layout, etc projects, I just have modules and they are not loaded in a specific order.

I'm looking over the projects in the BankBranch and trying to determine if I should adopt a similiar structure, but I'm very confused about what does what. For example, what is the difference from the Infrastructure section and the Branch Systems section? Why are they separated?

Confused... :(

Thanks for any tips!
-Steve
Jan 25, 2007 at 11:17 PM
I believe WindowWorkSpace has to be put in the Layout or UI, but I'm not entirely sure.
Jan 26, 2007 at 4:53 PM
At the most basic level, a WindowWorkspace is just a Workspace. So you can add it anytime/anywhere you like, and then it will be accessible to subsequent WorkItems/Presenters down the hierarchy. I know we're about the do the same thing, and I'm looking at the AfterShellCreated method on the ShellApplication class as the place to instantiate and add a "global" WindowWorkspace to use for modal dialogs and such.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:55 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Doing it in the shell seems like a good idea as it's "part" of the shell (at least to me it is). I have a need for some non-modal windows as well, I will need to create them in the WI of my module as there could be n windows opened at a time.

Have a good weekend!
Steve