First day's summary ( hope some core people read it )

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 22, 2007 at 10:05 PM
First: great work ! I'm impressed, on the other hand smallest grains of sand can stop the promised "... it dramatically increases developer productivity ...". So here are the points which cost most time on my first field-tested day with SCSF.

- running FxCop present more breaking error per dll than my screen can fit. So its difficult to find my faults.
- Extending the File.DropDown menueItem ( May be some more UIExtensionSiteNames and the registration of 'Shell.MainMenuStrip.Items"fileToolStripMenuItem".DropDownItems' is a way )
- In PPSD.Infrastructure.Interface.Constants exist a ModalWindows with no WorkItem.Workspaces assigned ( remove the first, extend the second or give some more comments on WorkspaceNames.ModalWindows ;-)
- where to put already existing complex busines logic which stay to be on the client ( Thanks to Steve sklett for some remarks :-)

locking forward

Uwe Lesta
Jan 23, 2007 at 9:45 PM
I can not edit my own post above, so i had to reply my self.

For clarification my point of Infrastructure.Interface.Constants.ModalWindows. After some tests I'll noticed that is only in the fact in the GuidancePackagewithServiceAgent_Recipe.zip ( Community Release 1 ) if you uncheck the box for a seperate layout.

Kind regards
Uwe Lesta