Each module have its own layout

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 16, 2007 at 6:03 AM
Hello,

Can someone please give me a high level walkthrough of how to create a scsf solution where each business module supply its own layout. The thing that i dont quite grok is how foundational module that supply a layout (with or without an seperate interface project) play along side a business module (again with or without an seperate interface spesified)

Thank you in advance

Heinrich Breedt
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2007 at 6:18 PM
Hi -

If you are using the guidance package, make sure you create the shell with a separate layout.
That will allow you to add modules with its own layout. As an example of such a module, take a look at the Infrastructure.Layout module which is created when you check this option. This is the layout by default.
When you want to replace that layout you will have to create a "Layout2" usercontrol in the module that you want and show that layout into the LayoutWorkspace. In escense that is what the Infrastructure.Layuout module does.

Let me know if this helped
Matias
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/matiaswoloski
Jan 18, 2007 at 5:59 AM
The way I handled creating multiple layouts, is by using the shell for the basic layout, ie. Menu, status, and one big tab workspace (any workspace would be fine). Then in each DLL, I create a MainLayout with dividers and such to create the screen space that I want, and then I add additional workspaces into those spaces...

When I add my views, I first add the main layout, and then I add any additional views to the workspaces in the main layout... In my case, I now have 1 shell layout and 4 modules (DLL's) with their own layout. In the shell I used the tab space, so each module is a new tab, and then each tab has its own layout.