Recipe disappears sometimes

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jan 3, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Does anyone know the reason why recipes will vanish from time to time? Many times our MVP recipe ceases to exist after loading our solution.

Here's a few observations I've made over the past few months:
  • They only seem to vanish when code is checked into VSTS. Solutions that are built and never checked in (spike projects) never have this problem
  • When code is checked in, sometimes the PostBuildSolution section of the .sln file that contains the Root namespace and GUIDs for the reference projects is removed. We have to manually check the file out, retrieve it from a previous version, and update the file outside of the IDE
  • Usually the MVP recipe vanishes, but sometimes the entire Smart Client Factory submenu will be lost
  • When the initial solution is generated and built using MSBuild, MSBuild reports that projects with invalid guids are being referenced. In the IDE, the references are okay but I think they're being resolved by relative path, not GUID. Manually correcting the GUIDs for the projects works and cleans up the initial solution file so MSBuild is happy
Jan 24, 2007 at 9:43 PM
I too am encountering the same issues since our solution has been moved to VSS.

I've had to deal with correcting the ExtensibilityGlobals section a few times, but now my MVP recipe is gone. I can still create a Business Module via the recipe, but the MVP recipe is still not available, though the "Add Smart Web Reference" is.

I've attempted to execute the MVP recipe via the Guidance Navigator, but I am prompted with a Target Element Selection dialog. The only project in the solution that it seems to accept is the Infrastructure.Interface, and not my module.

How have you managed to make the MVP recipe reappear?
Any help is greatly appreciated.