Toggling between the 2Views ,each belonging to 2 different Business Module on clicking 2 toolbarbuttons

Nov 22, 2007 at 3:35 PM
Hi,
I have a situation here. I have a Shell Form which has a toolstrip and the default layout(i.e leftworkspace and right workspace). Toolstrip is registered as UIExtensionSite. I am adding the Toolstripbuttons say TSButton1 and TSButton2 to Toolstrip from the ModuleController of the Infrastructure.Module through code as we do usually in SCSF. I have also added a invoker for these buttons. I have two BusinessModules Mod1 and Mod2, each having a view v1 and v2 respectively in them. On clicking the TSButton1 i want V1 of Mod1 to be displayed in Leftworkspace and on click of TSButton2 i want V2 of Mod2 to be displayed in the same workspace i.e LeftWorkspace of the shell. If the user again clicks on TSButton1, V1 of Mod1 needs to show itself.
I have the following questions:
1. I am using the CommandHandler attribute to handle the click of TSButton1 in the ModuleController of Mod1. When I click on the button at runtime the code under CommandHandler of Mod1 is not getting executed. Is there any design issue here? I want the v1 to be shown.
2. If the first question is answered.. v1 is displyed. my next question is when i click on TSButton2 after clicking TSButton1 , V2 will be displayed. if i again click on TSButton1, how to make V1 visible which is underneath V2?

can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Casey
Nov 22, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Hi

Mariano Converti once posted a way of toggling views with ToolStripButtons. You may find it handy:
Please let me know if this helps.

Ignacio Baumann Fonay
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ibaumann/