Visualize the WorkItem

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Nov 22, 2007 at 2:50 AM
Can I know which objects are in which workitem?? I would like to see it in hierarchical structure...
Nov 22, 2007 at 6:04 AM
I found SampleVisualizations demo from CodePlex. It's pretty cool but it supports only WorkItem visualization. I wanna know how many views, presenters, UIextension included in each WorkItem..

Does anyone has any idea about how to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance.

Developer
Nov 22, 2007 at 2:19 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2007 at 2:45 PM
Hi

The Composite UI Application Block - Visualizers example allows you to see for each WorkItem all its SmartParts, items (like Presenters), Commands, Services, UIExtensionSites, Event Topics, State and Workspaces in the Property Grid view on the right side of the visualizer.
If you want to see the information of each WorkItem in a hierarchical structure way, you can use the WPFVizualizer. This vizualizer is available in the current release of SCSFContrib (Smart Client Contrib 1.1) in the project SCSFContrib.CompositeUI of the Extensions for CAB layer solution localized in the src folder. The instructions about how to use it are in the Readme.txt file in the Visualizer project folder.
For use the WPFVizualizar you will need to install .NET Framework 3.0 and the Visual Studio 2005 extesions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF & WPF).

Please let me know if this helps.

Mariano Converti
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/mconverti/
Nov 23, 2007 at 12:36 AM
Thanks.

>>If you want to see the information of each WorkItem in a hierarchical structure way, you can use the WPFVizualizer.

Yeah. I wanna see the information in a hierarchical structure but I didn't use WPF in my project. So, Is it okay to use WPFVizualizer in non-wpf project? (I mean, I can install .NET 3.0 and extension but there won't be no wpf control in my project... )
Developer
Nov 23, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Hi

>> I wanna see the information in a hierarchical structure but I didn't use WPF in my project. So, Is it okay to use WPFVizualizer in non-wpf project?

Yes, you can use it in a non-wpf project. The WPFVisualizer uses WPF only to show the information in a more enjoyable way.

Please let me know if this helps.

Mariano Converti
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/mconverti/