Dispatcher is not working

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory, Offline Application Block
Nov 20, 2007 at 9:29 PM
I am using the Queuing mechanism in Disconnected Service Agent block.

The dispatcher is not picking new items in the queue.

I created the RequestManager in Infrastructure.Module. Just like in the QuickStarts, I start the automatic dispatch

Once I start queuing requests, the dispatcher picks up the first request and stops. The requests just pile up. It doesn't move to DeadLetter either.

Any clues?
Nov 22, 2007 at 5:19 PM
Hi

Are you getting your callback called? Are you getting any exception in the callback? If so, can you please post it?

Please let me know if this helps.

Ignacio Baumann Fonay
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ibaumann/
Nov 26, 2007 at 2:56 PM
Thanks for the response.

I figured it out where to the point where it fails.

If the queue length is about 10-15, the dispatcher just works. If it goes beyond a certain level, the DB call to delete from Requests table times out.

I even tried turning off Automatic Dispatch.

May be the table is locked by another thread. Still investigating.
Nov 27, 2007 at 7:16 PM
For whatever reason, the SELECT query locks Requests table, so the DELETE statement could not be executed and the Dispatcher thread gives up.

I added WITH NOLOCK in all select queries and it just behaves as it should be.

FYI, I am using SQLExpress and NOT SqlCE for local database.