Action Catalog Service

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Sep 30, 2007 at 8:17 PM
Hi

I'm just trying to get my head around the Action Catalog Service and when and where to use this as I think it might be useful within our application.

Does anyone have some samples and/or scenarios where this is used?

Thanks for your help
Marie
Developer
Oct 1, 2007 at 3:28 PM
Hi

I recommend you to read the following topics in the SCSF's documentation .
  • Smart Client Software Factory -> Inspecting the Software Factory Assets -> Patterns -> Action Catalog
  • Smart Client Software Factory -> Development Activities -> How to: Use the Action Catalog

If you want to see some examples and scenarios where the Action Catalog Service is used, then you’d probably like to check the Bank Branch Client reference implementation.

Please let me know if this helps.

Mariano Converti
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/mconverti/
Oct 1, 2007 at 9:35 PM
Thanks for that.

I'd already read through the help. I'm probably being a bit dumb here but was wondering if anyone has real life scenarios where they've used this as I'm not 100% sure about using this between modules.

Thanks again
Oct 3, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Hi Marie,

I've read the doc too. I'm dumb too because I'm not 100% sure either !!!

Note to Documentation writers: Stating something obvious does not mean everyone will understand the concept your building. Knowing the how doesn't necessarly induce the when.

It's funny how documentation is clear and understandable when what you're working becomes clear and understandable.

Like you, Marie, I would have liked to see a series of answers that starts: "we use it to do ... by doing that ...".

Pat