Configuring and Using ObjectBuilder within CAB

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory, Mobile Client Software Factory
Sep 6, 2007 at 10:46 AM
Hi

We are looking at using the Mobile Client Software Factory as a framework to build our application, and I have been investigating Object Builder and CAB. I think I understand about Object Builder, and was considering using it as a factory to build a set of objects for our application. These objects would all implement an interface, but would be different implementations based on some metadata we would load in.

I had thought that the type mapping strategy could be used here to map the interface type and an ID (the metadata) to the concrete implementation. However I am struggling to see how I can configure the strategy with the correct policies. Looking at CAB, the object builder that is used internally doesn't get passed a configuration file, and the builder itself isn't public. I could override the add strategies method of the CabApplication and add them there, but I am still unsure of how the application modules would access the builder to build the objects.

Should I create and use my own instance of object builder for these things, and leave the CAB builder alone?

Thanks

Matt