Deinstall GuidGuidanceAutomationExtensions

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Aug 27, 2007 at 4:57 PM
Hi,
a)i try to deinstall GuidanceAutomationExtensions, but no chance, the deinstallation process show's an blank (empty) dilaog with just an 'ok' button on it. Clicking this button teminats the deinstaltion.

b) any idea how to get a plain,clean system (no format c: please), i would like to remove all old releases of SCSF ect. to install the newest one's

Any idea
Thanks
Peter
Aug 27, 2007 at 6:03 PM
You cannot install the Guidance Automation Extensions if you already have an earlier version installed. Before uninstalling the Guidance Automation Extensions, you must first uninstall all guidance packages, including the Guidance Automation Toolkit. If the guidance packages were installed from a Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI), you can use the Add or Remove Programs tool to uninstall them. If the guidance packages were registered using the Register Guidance Package recipe in the Guidance Automation Toolkit, you should open each guidance package in Visual Studio and run the Unregister Guidance Package recipe.

If for any reason you are unable to uninstall any guidance package cleanly, you can manually remove it from the list of installed guidance packages. This list is stored in a file that is typically located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Recipe Framework\RecipeFramework.xml. If you open this file in a text editor, you will see a <GuidancePackage> element for each guidance package still registered. If you delete all of the <GuidancePackage> elements manually from the XML file, the Guidance Automation Extensions can be uninstalled. However, it will not remove the registry keys of those packages, so you should take this approach only as a last resort.

After all guidance packages are uninstalled, you can uninstall the Guidance Automation Extensions. You can then install a later release of the Guidance Automation Extensions and reinstall any desired guidance packages, including the Guidance Automation Toolkit.

check this link for more information:
http://coolthingoftheday.blogspot.com/2007/05/uninstalling-guidance-automation.html
Aug 27, 2007 at 8:07 PM
Hi ila,
and may thanks. I got it to work.
After deinstalling all the stuff i newly install:
-GuidanceAutomationExtensions
-GuidanceAutomationToolkit
-Smart Client Software Factory - May 2007
when starting VS2005 and try to create a new project i just get the 'Giudance Packages' templare, nothing to see from SCSF template and stuff like this.
Did you have any idea what i'm missing?
Thanks in advance
Peter
Aug 27, 2007 at 9:03 PM
Hello Peter,

run the msi again to install SCSF and click on Check Dependecies button. It will show you the SCSF installation checklist.
That will help you to identify what is missing in the installation.

Hope that helps.
Ila

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:03 AM
Hi Ila,
i did this and get the following results:
Requiered components:
VS 2005 -ok
Guidance Automation Extensions (February 2007 CTP) - ok
Sql Server Compact Edition - missing, but i have Sql Express installed

Optional Components
Guidance Automation Toolkit (Februar 2007 CTP) - ok
Visual Studio 2005 Extenstions (WPF - WCF) - ok

That's it,
my System Vista - Business

Peter
Aug 28, 2007 at 5:16 PM
Hi Peter!

a) In order to unistall GAX, ensure you don't have any package registered, otherwise the uninstallation will fail.
Please, read this post

b) For SCSF upgrade, please read this Ezequiel Jadib’s post: Enable Smart Client Software Factory 2006 Solutions to use SCSF 2007

Hope it helps!

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Aug 28, 2007 at 9:01 PM
Hi Sebastion,
i'm pretty shure that i removed all the old version.
Please see my post with
When i start VS 2005 all what i can see in Guidance Manager is the package 'Guidance Package Managment'
Running Depency Checker give's me this results:
----
did this and get the following results:
Requiered components:
VS 2005 -ok
Guidance Automation Extensions (February 2007 CTP) - ok
Sql Server Compact Edition - missing, but i have Sql Express installed

Optional Components
Guidance Automation Toolkit (Februar 2007 CTP) - ok
Visual Studio 2005 Extenstions (WPF - WCF) - ok
-------
Is there no other way as to copy all the needed file's to the solution folder as written in the link above??
i will give them a try
thanks a lot
Peter
Aug 28, 2007 at 9:13 PM
me again,
i just check my Appdata and can't find
Application Data\Microsoft\Recipe Framework\RecipeFramework.xml.
Any idea about that??
Peter
Aug 29, 2007 at 7:36 AM
Hi together,
what i did, i repait all of my stalled software (GAX,GAT + SCSF may 2007) and the stuff is working, no idea why.
But anyway, idea's are welcome.
Thanks to both for your help
Peter