Problem debugging

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jul 19, 2007 at 10:45 AM
Hi,

Has anyone come accross this before and do you have a solution? I have rebuild my entire solution over and over and it makes no difference.

I have no warnings or error but whenever I debug my code and step through it, it jumps into a function directly rather than going in the function calling that function.

Better explain this with an example. In my moduleController I have code to add buttons to the main toolbar

Private Sub ExtendToolStrip()

debug.writeline "Stop Here"
toolBarService.AddTab(WorkItem, Constants.UIExtensionSiteNames.Ribbon, Constants.CommandNames.ribbonViewerTab, "Viewer")

End Sub

Instead of stopping in debug.writeline "Stop Here", it jumps straight into AddTab Sub? The toolbarService as the name indicates is a service which is added in the overridden sub addservices in the shellapplication.

All the code actually works but it makes it really akward to debug. Also worth noticing but when i put a break point on the AddTab line, instead of having a filled up red circle, it displays a hollow one telling "there is no executable code available" or another message just happened to me now as I was trying to get the exact message for the previous error which now says:

"The breakpoint will not currently be hit. The source code is different from the original version. To allow the break point to be hit when the source code is different, right-click on the breakpoint and choose location and turn on "allow source code to be different from the original version".

When I do this it point to my Modulecontroller.vb but what is actually different? is it the modulecontroller code or is it the toolbar service code? Also how is this possible considering I've rebuild every single project individually and as a solution and I've also cleaned each project before doing so, so no assembly was left in the Debug Folder.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Thierry