Where to start?

Topics: Offline Application Block, Updater Application Block
Jul 12, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Hi,

I am new to UAB

Anybody knows any Tutorial explaining how to start working with UAB step by step?

I installed the "Installer" application, and ran it, but gives me this error message:

"Unable to copy file "C:\Tutorials\Updater Application Block\UpdaterApplicationBlock2.0-.NET2.0\Updater Application Block 2.0 - .NET 2.0\UAB 2.0\src\cs\Updater\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.xml" to "bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.xml". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. PostApplicationExitActivationProcess"

the default naming length seems to be too long, what can I do about it? changing the name?!

Thanks

Developer
Jul 16, 2007 at 7:03 PM
Hello, yes! what you have to do is changing the name.

You may find the following articles interesting:

Please let me know if this helps,

Ezequiel Jadib
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ejadib
Aug 1, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Don't know if you're still looking for a solution, but you'll want to use a shorter initial install directory. Looks like your initial install directory is: "C:\Tutorials\Updater Application Block\UpdaterApplicationBlock2.0-.NET2.0". It should be something more like "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Application Blocks".

Unfortunately you've run into a long running limitation of Windows file names. They can only be 260 characters long. That limitation will most likely change in the future, but for now we're stuck with it.

Curtis