Error uninstalling SCSF june 2006

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:32 AM
I installed the following as mentioned in the order.
1. Enterprise library jan 2006
2. GAX and GAT feb 2007.
3. SCSF june 2006.

I am running into problems while uninstalling SCSF. It throws some exception like
  • The manifest file does not contain an entry for the guidance package smart client developement or the manifest file does not exist. uninstallation cannot continue*

1. Am i right in the installation of the above components and their versions for SCSF june 2006?
2. What is the order of uninstallation to remove SCSF.

Developer
Jul 14, 2007 at 8:59 PM
Hi,

You are right in the installation order you mentioned but I recommend you to install the new version of SCSF (May 2007).
You can read the installation instructions here.

To solve the issue you are having regarding to uninstall, please try to repair the installation. A guy had the same problem with other guidance package and he solved in that way.

BTW – If you want to manually unregister the guidance package, please check the following posts:

Please let me know if this helps,

Ezequiel Jadib
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ejadib
Jul 16, 2007 at 5:24 AM
Hi ezequiel,

Thanks for your post. I already tried all possible steps above but in vain. I somehow managed to remove SCSF by using msizap tool.

Now i have a new problem. I tried installing SCSF again using the same steps i mentioned above after removing the older SCSF. everything installs but SCSF June 2006 version is not getting installed. It rollsback the installation process midway.

This is happening only after i removed SCSF using msizap tool.

Regarding installing May 2007 version i guess we need .NET 3.0 fw. But i am using only .NET 2.0.

Ranjith