Multiple Workspaces

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jul 10, 2007 at 2:59 AM
I have been developing a cab application for a while now and have come accross an issue that I can't seem to resolve. The shell has a deck workspace and based upon the modules loaded etc all works fine.
The problem is that I want to have an options dialog that comes up to define options for the application and module specific options all in one dialog. I was thinking of creating a new form with a workspace on it in the shell project and then adding to the workspace based upon the modules loaded, but the workspace is defined not in the shell.
Jul 10, 2007 at 7:44 AM
Hi Grant.

I solved that issue by the next way.

I created a new module with contains a view wich is a Container View within a TabWorkspace and I show that View in the WorkItem.WorkspacesWorkspaceNames.ModalWorkspace. This module also contains a service wich managed options and view for whole application, let's call them OptionsModule.

Also, each module has each own option view, and when the module is loaded, adds this options view to a OptionsModule collection wich contains all OptionsView. This way when you push the Configure button. You show all of theese views on OptionTabWorkspace, and show the ContainerView in the ModalWorkspace.

Ufff, I don't know if I've explained it well. But may be there's a better solution.

I hope having helped you.
Sergio.