ADO.Net in SCSF

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jul 7, 2007 at 1:36 PM
can any body send me a sample for connecting to database. ( i just wanted to confirm whether it is the traditional way of connecting to database through a middle layer or the code is a bit different here in SCSF application

A small sample (of connecting and getting few records from database) or any link on the similar kind would be quite helpful

Jul 7, 2007 at 11:40 PM
ADO.NET is not affected in any way by the SCSF. If you wish to use ADO.NET to connection to a database, by all means, go right ahead. The Enterprise Library still contains an application block for this sort of connectivity, if I'm not mistaken.

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:57 AM

ChrisHolmes wrote:
ADO.NET is not affected in any way by the SCSF. If you wish to use ADO.NET to connection to a database, by all means, go right ahead. The Enterprise Library still contains an application block for this sort of connectivity, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks Chris

so you mean to say that i can have a class file ( for business logic) create object of it in the files and through that open the connection and get the data from the database right.

just to update you : i dont have to use the Enterprise Library (it is optional in my case)

Let me know if i can create that business layer in the Business folder of the Infrastructure.Interface. or there is any predefined place/project/folder in SCSF where i have to create the Business logic files.

Thanks in advance

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:42 PM
You can put your business logic anywhere you like.

My advice would be to put business logic in a separate assembly and reference that in your CAB application. I'd put data access in a separate assembly as well.