HOL with May 2007?

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jun 22, 2007 at 7:34 PM
After a fresh install of the SCSF May 2007 release, the following error is received when opening the HOL solutions. Any ideas? Is this just a compatability issue between the HOL and the latest release? Creating a new solution seems to work fine as does the BankBranchWorkbench.

System.ArgumentException: Package named guid22ce1b108c4141fdaa623e9d19ef1a7f enabled for this solution is not installed.

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.GetConfigurationReader(String packageName)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.SolutionPackagesContainer.DeserializePackage(GuidancePackagesStatePackage package)
Jun 26, 2007 at 2:00 PM
I am getting this same error when opening our solution created with the previous version of SCSF. Is anyone successfully using the Hand On Labs with May 2007? I'm trying to determine if something just did not get installed properly on this new machine or if there is a compatability issue with SCSF versions. The error does not effect the building or running of the solution. However, the Visual Studio extensions are not available. Thanks in advance.
Jun 26, 2007 at 6:31 PM
Hi!

The issue raises because the HOLS were made with the June 2006 version of the SCSF guidance package. It tries to load the June 2006 GP and because it cannot be found, it throws that error.

To solve this, you need to enable the solutions to use the new guidance package. In SCSF2007’s Help, there is a section named “Enabling June 2006 Solutions” (under “Other considerations”) which will guide you to solve this.

Hope it helps!

Luciano G. Panaro
http://staff.southworks.net/lpanaro
Jul 3, 2007 at 2:30 AM
Thanks, somehow I missed that in the documentation. That took care of my error, but I am still having an issue in that my Add View (with presenter) recipe does not appear when opening these projects (including HOL) created with the older version of SCSF. The Smart Client menu does not exist when I right click onthe Views folder, although the Add Module templates do work from other areas. Any suggestions?
Jul 3, 2007 at 2:41 AM
Sorry, I posted too soon. There was an issue with some of the referenced assemblies and once those were corrected, all is working again.