SCSF May 2007 Problem with WPF and WorkspaceNames.ModalWindows

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jun 20, 2007 at 8:09 AM
I have a problem with displaying a WPF enabled View on the WorkspaceNames.ModalWindows.

It is complaining about an invalid smartpart type which I do not understand.

Smart part type testModal.Module1.wpfmodal is not supported. Expected System.Windows.Forms.Control or a compatible type.
Parameter name: smartPart

Any suggenstions on how to display WPF enabled views on the WorkspaceNames.ModalWindows, because I can display them without
problems on any other ContentWorkspace that is created.

Regards,

Dimban
Developer
Jun 20, 2007 at 2:24 PM
Hi Dimban, you are having this problem because you are not using the new implementations of the Windows Forms Composite UI Application Block workspaces included in the WPF integration layer.

If you look at the assembly Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.WPF you will find the workspaces you have to use to show WPF Views.

I recommend you to take a look to the following topic of the help: Inspecting the Software Factory Assets | Application Blocks | Composite UI Application Block | Composite UI Application Block Extensions for WPF.

Let me know if this helps,

Ezequiel Jadib
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ejadib
Jan 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM
Ezequiel,
I was wondering if you can provide a code snippet of how to show a WPF view in one of the WPF Workspaces you mentioned above. The help file topics did not have that information.
Do I need to create a WPF specific entry in the Workspaces constants? how do I expose them to the application?

Thanks
HS