SCSF May 07 - Create disconnected service agent error

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory, Offline Application Block
May 28, 2007 at 10:33 PM
I'm getting this error when trying to run the Create disconnected service agent error:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ValueProviderException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateDisconnectedServiceAgentCS. Error was: Failed to load value providers..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.ValueProviders.VisualStudio.FirstSelectedProjectProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.AliasResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.GetInstanceT(ITypeResolutionService resolution, String concreteType)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.LoadProviders(ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.LoadProviders(ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

Any idea on how to fix this?
May 29, 2007 at 12:57 AM
Actually, I just realized that all the recipes using Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions have the same problem :(
They worked fine after the install but after an error while trying the disconnected service agent it all went down.
Reinstalling GAX and SCSF didn't change anything.
May 29, 2007 at 1:44 AM
Can you open a VS command prompt and go to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Smart Client Factory\Guidance Package

Execute this:
sn -T Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.dll

What is the public key token you see?

Thanks
Matias
May 29, 2007 at 2:33 AM
I get 31bf3856ad364e35

Thanks
Vlad
May 29, 2007 at 2:35 AM
I don't know if it matters, but the file version is 1.2.32907.1; assembly version 1.2.2644.18037

Thanks
Vlad
May 29, 2007 at 3:08 AM
Got it...
I copied the 1.2 version of Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.dll to program files\visual studio 8\common7\ide\public assemblies.
Apparently it was overwritten by a 1.0 version when i installed a custom WCF guidance package (it is the version that comes with the Service Software Factory source code)
Thanks
Vlad
Jul 5, 2007 at 11:12 AM
Edited Jul 5, 2007 at 11:13 AM
hi i getting follwing error

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ValueProviderException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateWPFViewCS. Error was: Failed to load value providers..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.ValueProviders.VisualStudio.FirstSelectedProjectProvider' from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.AliasResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.Practices.Common.Services.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.GetInstanceT(ITypeResolutionService resolution, String concreteType)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

pls send me solution for the erroe
Aug 10, 2007 at 11:54 PM
Hi vladhorby,

I have both Smart Client and Web Service SF installed. This is issue surface when I try to add the DSA in my current project but this is not happening if I create brand new Smart Client sln. I noticed that the SCSF have the newer 1.2 version but not in the Web Service SF. In your last comment, you suggest to replace with the 1.2 ver dll in the location "program files\visual studio 8\common7\ide\public assemblies." However, I don't see the extension.dll was ever install in this location. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thank you.