SCSF Setup Not Installing Guidance Packages In VS2005

May 24, 2007 at 12:40 AM
We just downloaded the production version of SCSF. We used Guidance Automation Toolkit to customize the guidance package. We then added a Project Setup to the solution to create a setup program.

When we ran the setup program on a developer's machine, the install ran without any errors. When we bring up Visual Studio, the guidance packages were not installed. Did we miss a step in the creation of the setup project so that the guidance package will install correctly? Any tips would be appreciated!
May 24, 2007 at 4:16 PM
When the install wizard starts up, there is a button on the bottom left "Check Dependencies"

It will tell you the missing pre requisites. Download the one you are missing before installing SCSF.
May 24, 2007 at 7:21 PM
Parimels

Thanks for trying to answer. But that is not what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

I have already installed May 2007 version of SCSF and specified installing the guidance package solution and source code. I then customized the guidance package solution (added custom templates, recipes, etc). I added a Project Setup to my custom guidance package solution to create a setup.exe and an .msi file. I then tried to install my custom guidance package to another developer's desktop using my setup program. My custom guidance package did not appear in Visual Studio 2005 even though the setup installed with no errors.

In the old versions of SCSF it automatically had a Project Setup in the guidance package solution. Previously all we did was do a rebuild and used the .msi to install custom packages to any developer's workstation.

Anybody having this issue too when creating your own Project Setup?