Still getting error 2869!!!

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
May 22, 2007 at 4:10 PM
I have followed all the vista instructions on how to uninstall and install the SCSF May release. I am making sure that I’m running command prompt as an admin, and I have turned User Account Control on and off, but nothing works. I am still getting the error 2869. SCSF installs if I don’t have the Guidance Automation Extensions installed but then none of the binaries are gitting installed. What is wrong with your installation?
May 22, 2007 at 4:12 PM
I having the same issue installing the latest version of the SCSF under Vista too. I tried the whole "open the VS 2005 command prompt as administrator and run msiexec /i" thing too.
May 22, 2007 at 9:02 PM
Edited May 22, 2007 at 9:16 PM
Have you tried to delete the Guidance package from the RecipeFramework.xml file before uninstalling?

You can find the file:

• In Vista: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Recipe Framework
  • In XP/WS2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Recipe Framework\
Remove this from that file:
<GuidancePackage Name="SmartClientFactoryPackage" Version="1.0" Caption="Smart Client Development May 2007" Description="Smart Client Development" Host="VisualStudio" Guid="b665c858-8ab2-407d-9c7c-102237d0b7cc" ConfigurationFile="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Smart Client Factory\Guidance Package\SmartClientDevelopment.xml" Timestamp="633149436260000000" />
Another option is to manually unregister the Guidance Package before uninstalling. Check this posts:
Please let me know if this helps,

Ezequiel Jadib
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/ejadib
May 22, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Ezequiel,

Do you have any insight on how to install the SCSF? No matter what I do, I get the dreaded 2869 error.

Sergio
May 23, 2007 at 12:02 AM
I have already uninstalled the guidance package and installed the new one.
My problem is installing the SCSF. I have tried all the different ways of running the msi for SCSF but with no luck.
Need help!!!